Minutes 15th November 2016

Minutes of Bishops Frome Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 15th November 2016

 

 Present:
Cllr Partridge (Chair), Cllr Pudge, Cllr Guise, Cllr Nash and Cllr Hydes.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.

2016/137 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Ms Sincock and Cllr Marshall.
Cllr Mrs Roberts and Cllr Parker were not present.
2016/138 To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in agenda item 142.2 as owner of the garage to which the invoice was to be paid. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge.

2016/139 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Partridge (Chair).

2016/140 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.

2016/141 Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Pudge advised that he was trying to arrange a meeting with Mr Preece to obtain his comments on the latest draft plan in order that it may be resubmitted to Hereford Council.

2016/142 Finance

142.1 Precept 2017/2018
The precept for the coming year had been debated at the meeting on Tuesday 18th October 2016 and councillors had taken copies away to consider further. The budget proposals agreed at the last meeting were confirmed and it was agreed the precept request should again be £25000.00.
Mr Brooman advised councillors that he had put in a claim for a refund of VAT year to date, including the total amount of VAT on the invoice received from Play & Leisure.
He then distributed copies of the council’s accounts and explained the current position.
Cllr Guise checked the figures to the bank statements.
Mr Brooman advised he had received invoices as follows:-
142.2 Diesel – B C Partridge- £25.00
142.3 Litter picking – P Eaton – £129.60
142.4 Installation of defibrillator – reimbursement to Bishops Frome Village Centre – £175.00
Councillors agreed that they should all be paid.

2016/143 Planning

125.1 P163168/F The Barn, The Firlands, Bishops Frome, WR6 5BA
Prior Approval for change of use.
Hereford Council decision – Prior Approval not required.
143.1 P163017/F Land to the rear of Wheatsheaf Inn, The Stables, Fromes Hill, Ledbury,Hfds
Proposed conversion of former stables and agricultural barn to form single self-contained dwelling unit.
Cllr Nash confirmed that he had visited neighbouring properties and received no objections from those he spoke to. He had left messages for those he had not spoken to asking them to contact him but no one had got back to him.
Cllrs present had no objections.

2016/144 Flooding and Sandbags
Cllr Pudge confirmed that the sandbags requested had now been delivered. He was arranging to have some filled with sand and the others would be kept with a separate supply of sand to be filled as required.
The sandbags will be stored at the Hop Pocket for distribution to Parishioners as and when required.

2016/145 Garden Waste Bags
The Clerk advised that she had spoken with Nicola at Waste Management regarding obtaining Garden Waste bags. At the moment they can be obtained from the Council at Bromyard Library but this is being reviewed and will soon no longer be the case. Alternative stockists will then be required. Nicola agreed that in the short term stock could be purchased from Bromyard Library and sold from Bishops Frome Shop but in the long term they may need to be purchased directly from Hereford Council which would incur a delivery cost. A box of 50 rolls would cost £180.00 at the moment and it was felt this may be a big outlay for the shop and therefore the Parish Council would consider assisting with the initial purchase. The Clerk agreed to speak to Cllr Mrs Roberts at the shop regarding stocking bags and feedback at the next meeting.

2016/146 Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
The Clerk advised that she had spoken to the local police regarding the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and they confirmed that there were still some schemes running and they would ask someone to contact her to discuss further. Our Community Support officers are Dave Alexander and Joe Barson. Councillors felt it would be a good idea to ask one of them to come out and introduce themselves, preferably at a Parish Council Meeting. The Clerk agreed to try to arrange this.

2016/147 Fromes Hill Report
The Clerk confirmed that she had spoken to the owner of the shop at Fromes Hill regarding the bright light on the shop’s sign which had been blinding drivers attempting to join the A4103. He had agreed to look into how it could be made less bright. Cllr Pudge said that he would speak to him to see what action is to be taken.
Cllr Pudge provided an update on the progress with the Fromes Hill Land. There is a condition in the land purchase agreement which entitles the vendor to an “uplift” if the value of the land increases during the first 20 years. The Fromes Hill Field Committee were not originally made aware that they should advise the vendors of any planning application made on the land prior to application. The vendors are requesting an uplift for the planning permission for the turning circle. The Field Committee had agreed with the vendors that a surveyor be appointed to assess whether or not there is any increase in value as a result of the turning circle.

2016/148 Bishops Frome Report
The Clerk advised that Balfour Beatty had put a camera down the drain outside Parsonage Crescent to see why the B4214 was flooding in heavy rain. At this time they were unable to say what was causing the flooding but they have agreed to monitor the situation and put it on their high risk locations for gully cleansing.
The Clerk advised that she had attended the Welsh Water information event on 27th October and reported that they planned to complete the works with the minimum disruption possible. There will be some road closures, notably the C1133 from The Chase to Burley Gate from 22nd February 2017, but as works are completed, the road will reopen in stages.
The C1133 from the A465 junction to The Old Forge will be closed from 21st November 2016 for approximately 4 weeks.
A comment had been received from a member of the public regarding the state of one of the garages at Summerpool. He felt it was in such a bad state of repair that it may be dangerous. Councillors thought they were owned by Fortis Living and rented out. Cllr Partridge offered to investigate this matter.
The issue of dog mess was again discussed as several comments had been received regarding people not “picking up” after their dogs both on the Sports Field and on the Old Cricket Pitch. Notices have already been placed in the Valley News and on the Noticeboards. Cllr Guise offered to make some notices to put up at the Sports Field and Cllrs agreed that this was a good idea. The Clerk agreed to find out if we have a Dog Warden.
Cllr Guise asked about the possibility of having an area near the Lychgate in Bishops Frome set aside for crosses and personal tributes on Remembrance Day. Cllrs thought this was a good idea and Cllr Pudge offered to put the idea to the Church Wardens.

2016/149 Sports Committee Report
The Treasurer confirmed that Bromyard Football Club had paid the £375.00 due in September.
A letter had been received from Sunderlands and Thompsons confirming that the Eveson Charitable Trust have agreed not to increase the rent following the three yearly anniversary rent review.

2016/150 Footpaths Officer Report
Nothing to report.

2016/151 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the information sheet and confirmed the date of the next meeting as Tuesday 17th January 2017.
There being no other business the meeting concluded at 20.54.