Draft Minutes

Draft Minutes of a meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th October 2019 at Bishops Frome Village Centre

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr Ms Sincock, Cllr Hydes, Cllr M Pudge, Cllr W Pudge and Cllr Morel.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.

2019/122 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr J Pudge and Cllr Parker.

2019/123 Declarations of Interest
a) To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in Agenda items 2019/125.2 & 125.3. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge.
b) To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
c) To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate

Cllr Morel made a written request for dispensation for a disclosable pecuniary interest as a Trustee of Bishops Frome Village Centre. Councillors discussed the request and agreed to grant a dispensation for up to 4 years in order to improve communication between the Parish Council and the Village Centre Committee.

2019/124 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Nash (Chair).

2019/125 Public Participation
There was one members of the public present.
A General Data Protection Consent Form was explained and completed.
The Community Garden was discussed. An invoice had been presented for purchase of equipment (see 2019/125.5 below) and permission was granted by councillors to pay the invoice.
A copy of the Risk Assessment provided by the gardening committee at the last meeting had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting for consideration. Cllrs confirmed that they were happy with the content and advised that it should be reviewed annually.
The Clerk confirmed that she had obtained a copy of the original agreement between Fortis and Bishops Frome Parish Council which she had forwarded to all councillors and the garden committee prior to the meeting. The agreement was briefly discussed and all were happy it clarified the position. It was noted that permission needs to be obtained from Fortis before any trees are cut.
The member of the public left the meeting.

2019/125 Finance
125.1 Bank Reconciliation – a copy of the bank reconciliation had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The bank reconciliation was reviewed and signed by the Chairman and RFO to confirm the current balance held by the Parish Council is £32821.16.
Cllr W Pudge, an independent councillor who is a non-cheque signatory, signed the bank statement to confirm that the balance agreed to the Council’s accounting statement.
There were four invoices for payment. The Treasurer asked permission to pay them and councillors agreed that they could all be paid.
125.2 B C Partridge – Mowing – £48.00
125.3 B C Partridge – Diesel – £62.51
125.4 HALC – Website hosting & domain name £50.00
125.5 Community Garden – Gardening equipment – £82.59 (+ £16.47 VAT)

2019/126 Planning
There were no new planning applications.

2019/127 Ward Councillor Report
There was no ward councillor report.

2019/128 Fromes Hill Report
128.1 Update on Fromes Hill Field – Cllr Partridge confirmed that he had spoken to the solicitors for an update on the situation regarding separating the church portion, however the solicitor actually dealing with the case was on holiday so he did not receive any clarification. He agreed to call again when the solicitor was back from holiday.
128.2 Street Lighting on Fromes Hill development. Cllr Partridge advised that he had obtained a larger copy of the development plans which councillors studied and confirmed the plans clarified the position regarding drainage. They did not however show the position of the proposed street lighting.
The Clerk advised that she had been in touch with Hereford Council Highways and they had confirmed that the street lighting would be provided to the required minimum BS standards for highway lighting. The developers would pay for the design and install the lights. The lights would then be maintained by Hereford Council when the road is adopted.
Cllrs discussed the matter and agreed that street lighting should be provided and the Clerk was asked to contact highways and ask them to proceed with street lights.

2019/129 Bishops Frome Report
129.1 Update on Village Centre request to transfer to CIO. The Clerk had contacted the secretary of the Village Centre Committee but no date had yet been agreed for a meeting of representatives. A copy of the Village Centre Risk assessment had been obtained as requested. Cllrs asked the Clerk to contact the secretary and suggest a meeting for Monday 21st October.
129.2 Litter bins in Play Area – Cllr Partridge advised that he was still trying to repair the bin liners.
It was reported that grass cuttings were being dumped in the field around the play area. Cllrs asked the Clerk to produce a notice to display at the shop requesting this practice cease.
129.3 Community Garden – see 2019/125 above

2019/130 We Don’t Buy Crime/Smartwater Protected Towns and Villages
The Clerk confirmed that she had arranged for a presentation to be made at the start of the next Parish Council meeting on Tuesday 12th November.

2019/131 Sports Committee Report
131.1 Bromyard FC Sponsorship Boards – A copy of a suggested letter to local business’s from Bromyard FC regarding the sponsorship boards had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. Cllrs agreed that the content of the letter was fine and asked the Clerk to confirm that letters in that format may be sent.
Bromyard FC had also sent an email asking for permission to strim the brambles at the field end of the main pitch. Cllrs confirmed that permission should be granted. They have also asked permission to replace the old hop poles and nets, making the nets higher as the poles are rotting and footballs are going over the top of the existing nets. Cllrs agreed to pay £500.00 towards the cost of completing these works.
131.2 Risk Assessment – Cllr W Pudge was asked to complete a risk assessment of the Sports Pavilion with the Chairman of the Sports Committee, Cllr Parker.

2019/132 SID’s and Speed Watch Scheme
Cllr Ms Sincock advised that Bishops Frome have now been approved for the Speed Watch Scheme but at least six volunteers are required before training can begin. Cllr Hydes agreed to be volunteer.

2019/133 County Area Meeting
Cllr W Pudge advised that he had attended the new County Area Meeting, which has replaced the Eastern Area, Northern Area and Southern Area Meetings, for a trial period of one year. He explained that there had been a presentation on Climate Emergency Action being taken by Fownhope Parish Council and gave Cllrs an overview of the content and how they see education as the way forward.

2019/134 GDPR
The Clerk confirmed that the new filing cabinet would be delivered within the next few days.

2019/135 Footpaths Officer Report
Nothing to report.

2019/136 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the information sheet and confirmed that the next meeting will be on Tuesday 12th November at Bishops Frome Village Centre.

There being no other business, the meeting concluded at 20:55.

Bank Recon 30th September 2019