February 2021 Minutes

BISHOP’S FROME & FROMES HILL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting held remotely via Zoom at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9 February 2021

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr J Pudge, Cllr M Pudge, Cllr W Pudge, Cllr (Ms) Sincock, Cllr S Fallas and Cllr Morel

Also County Councillor Ellie Chowns
The Clerk – Nicola Carless

2021/015     To receive apologises for absence
It was noted that Cllr C Sincock would join the meeting at 8pm

2021/016     Declarations of interest
a) To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda
b) To receive written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests (if any)
c) To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate

None were declared

2021/017     Suspend standing orders to allow members of the public to speak
Councillors moved to suspend standing orders to allow a member of the public address them in regards the planning application- P204607 – The Farm, Bishops Frome WR6 5BJ

The Council went back into session

2021/018     Report from County Councillor – Ellie Chowns
Audit on companies within the Parish – it was noted Cllr J Pudge was working with Cllr Chowns on providing information.
Cllr Chowns reported that a new round of business support grants from the Government and administered by Herefordshire Council had been launched. Kick Start was a similar programme supporting 12 month work placements for 18 year olds. Cllr Chowns was looking at developing car sharing schemes with the Parishes and would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in taking part.
Herefordshire Council in their meetings had agreed to not pursue a bypass for Hereford, and would later in the week discuss the budget for 2021/22 when a 4.99% increase was being proposed.
Locally Cllr Chowns reported that the repair to Avenbury bridge was being put out to tender. Cllr Morel reported to her that the bridge at Paunton was being eroded at its foundation, while Cllr Partridge pointed out that the recent drainage work carried out in the village would be unsuccessful in redirecting flood water as drainage channels had been made in the wrong areas. Cllr M Pudge also mentioned that there had been repeated flooding on the A4103 by the Five Bridges and stressed that attention should be given to the bridges as the river had silted up so directing water onto the road rather than the course of the river. Cllr Chowns said she would raise these issues with the Locality Steward to investigate solutions to these concerns.

Cllr C Sincock joined the meeting

2021/019     To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting held on 12 January 2021
These were accepted as a true record of proceedings and would be signed by the Chairman when circumstances allowed.

2021/020    Finance
020.1 Bank Reconciliation
The Clerk went through the reconciliation for the month that had been circulated to Councillors.

The Council approved the payment of the following and arrangements were made for cheque to be signed.
Clerk’s salary for November, December and January
It was noted that the public works loan of £602.38 would be paid via direct debit on 8.3.2021

2021/021    Planning
021.1 Decisions made since last meeting

P210009/XA2 – Majors Arms, Snails Bank, Bishops Frome WR6 5AX – Application for approval of details reserved by condition 3 attached to planning permission 191141.
Approved – discharge of condition letter sent
P203457/O – Land at Yew Tree Farm Fromes Hill Herefordshire HR8 1HW- Proposed single dwelling
Approved – with conditions such as -reserved matters should be obtained before any development is commenced, restriction on working hours, ecological report required, satisfactory drainage arrangements, Prior to the first occupation of the dwelling provision to be made for a single vehicular access onto the A4103.
P190153 – Snails Bank Cottage, Fromes Hill WR6 5AX – erection of a porch adjoining an existing building
Approved

021.2    Plans for consideration
P204607 – The Farm, Bishops Frome WR6 5BJ, proposed storage and workshop for private/non-commercial use associated with a private dwelling
Cllr C Sincock had reviewed this application and reported to Council that she had spoken to the applicant and neighbours. There was a general concern around the mass of the building and its impact on the street scene especially in relation to the listed buildings in the vicinity. The Council asked Cllr Sincock to speak to the planning officer concerned to discuss this application and report back to the Council via email so a recommendation can be made by 25.2.2021.

2021/022    Correspondence
022.1 correspondences for reference
A list had been circulated
022.2 correspondences for consideration
Locality Liaison Coordinator, Balfour Beatty Living Places – the communication asked the best way to communicate with the Council, it was agreed that via the website or email to be the most appropriate for the Council.
Lengthsman/P3 Invitation to enrol 2021/2022 – the Council agreed that they did not wish to take part in either of these schemes from Herefordshire Council.

2021/023     Housing Association Stock within the Parish
Cllr M Pudge reported to the Council that a resident was enquiring about the availability of an empty bungalow in the village that had been vacant for 18 months. The Council asked the clerk to write to Platform Housing asking them about this bungalow as well as their policy in allocating social housings stock. Collette Cutter at Herefordshire Council had been dealing directly with this resident.

2021/024    Review of flash flooding sites within the Parish
This item had been raised with Cllr E Chowns earlier in the meeting

2021/025    Fromes Hill Report
Cllr Fallas reported that she had spoken to the Chairman of the Field Management Committee – Richard Booth about the styles. The Clerk had also received a complaint from a resident about the roadside hedge that needed cutting. The Council instructed the Clerk to engage a contractor to cut the hedge as soon as possible.
Cllr Fallas also raised the possibility of registering the local public houses as village assets, the Clerk was asked to put this on the agenda for the next meeting.
Cllr Fallas also wondered about the regulations of placing advertising boards along the road verges. The Council considered there was little that could be done about them as they were only seen as temporary.

2021/026    Bishops Frome Report
026.1 Bishops Frome Village Centre change of status
Cllr J Pudge expressed his concern about the proposed new structure and said he preferred the Association model and would like the Council to review the final management structure. Cllr Morel reported that regular management meetings were taking place and noted that all options being considered had Trustees elected at AGMs, and that public participation with public support of the new structure would be included.
026.2 Notice of Rospa playground inspection in March
Cllr M Pudge offered to do a visual check before the March inspection takes place.

2021/027    Footpaths Officer Report
Cllr Partridge reported that he had looked at the siting of a new field gate off the A4103 into the Church field. He thought that it should be positioned well back into the field to allow easier access and there would be room for a kissing gate next to it. This would need to be discussed with the field management committee.
Cllr Sincock reported that the cost of a new metal kissing gate would be £376.62. She also mentioned that she had been in touch with 4 landowners in regards the following footpaths – BPF2, BPF28, BPF6 and BPF34.

2021/028    Community Resilience Plan
Cllr J Pudge has produced a template that had been circulated to Councillors in which some questions had been highlighted that the Council would need to consider. An emergency co-ordinator and deputy co-ordinator is required who could call upon 4 or 5 different groups of residents with various skills that could be called upon in an emergency. Cllr Pudge would like Councillors to be in a position to put forward some names at the next meeting.
It was noted that any resilience plan would need to be approved by Herefordshire Council.

2021/029    Date of next meeting
This was confirmed as 9 March 2021

Meeting closed at 9.40pm

 

Bank Reconciliation as at 31 January 2021

Opening balance 1st April 2020 25,333.30

Income as per cash book year to date as at 31.11.20

Income received in December 2020 and January 2021
Nat West – Interest 31.12.20 0.26
Nat West – Interest 31.01.21 0.24

Income as per cash book as at 30.01.21 £26,085.64

Less
Payments year to date as at 31.01.21    £21,571.16
Plus
Expenditure made in January 2021

N Carless salary Nov 20 to Jan 21  £540.00

Expenditure as per cash book 28.02.21  £22,111.16

Balance as per latest bank statements as at 31.01.21
Current account 1.00
Reserve account 29,846.74
TOTAL 29,847.74

Less outstanding cheques –

B C Partridge  117.38
BC Partridge  18.32
Sunderlands  350.00

Signed: RFO         Chairman

Date: