Minutes 11th June 2019

 Minutes of a meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th June 2019 at St Matthews Church, Fromes Hill

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr J Pudge, Cllr Parker, Cllr M Pudge, Cllr W Pudge and Cllr Hydes.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.
2 members of the public were present.

2019/72 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Ms Sincock.

2019/73 To receive declarations of interest from councillors on items on the agenda and written requests for dispensation
There were no declarations of interest.

2019/74 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Nash (Chair).

2019/75 Public Participation
There were 2 members of the public present. Both stated that were there to observe the meeting.

2019/76 Councillor Vacancy
The Notice of Vacancy has not yet been produced by Herefordshire Council and therefore the position cannot be filled at this time. Hereford Council have confirmed that they are aware of the vacancy and will issue a notice ASAP.

2019/77 Finance
77.1 Bank Reconciliation – A copy of the Bank Reconciliation had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The Bank Reconciliation was reviewed and signed by the Chairman and RFO to confirm the current balance held by the Parish Council is £25262.54.
Cllr W Pudge, an independent councillor who is a non-cheque signatory, signed the bank statement to confirm that the balance agreed to the Council’s accounting statement.
77.2 Budget Monitoring Report as at 31/05/2019 – a copy of the Budget Monitoring Report had been sent to councillors prior to the meeting for consideration. The Treasurer explained that the new Auditors want the Council to review budgets quarterly in this format.
77.3 Consider request for a grant for equipment for Bishops Frome Community Garden – Members of the Community Garden Team had attended the previous 2 Parish Council Meetings enthusiastically explaining their plans for the garden and equipment they require to get things going. A list of equipment needed had been produced for councillors to consider. Councillors were keen to support this enterprise and agreed to set aside funds up to £700.00. The Clerk agreed to contact a member of the team to discuss whether they would prefer the council to drip feed the funds as equipment was purchased as it would not all be required immediately.

2019/78 Planning
There were no new planning applications.

2019/79 Ward Councillor Report
Ward Councillor Chowns was unable to attend the meeting in person this evening due to her MEP duties, however she had sent a report which had been forwarded to councillors prior to the meeting. She joined the meeting by telephone but there were no new issues to raise. Councillors congratulated her on her new appointment as MEP.

2019/80 Consider Revised:
80.1 Complaints Procedure – The Parish Council’s Complaints Procedure had been amended to reflect the new Code of Conduct adopted on 14th May 2019. A copy had been sent to all councillors prior to the meeting for consideration. The new Complaints Procedure was adopted.

2019/81 Fromes Hill Report
81.1 Update on Fromes Hill Field – Cllr Partridge reported that he had spoken to the solicitors to see how matters were proceeding. There has been a delay in the signing of documents regarding the uplift agreement. The transferors require their solicitors to look into the new agreement before they sign and there is some query over who will pay for this. Cllr Partridge agreed to find out how much the solicitors costs were likely to be.

2019/82 Bishops Frome Report
82.1 Update on Village Centre request to transfer to CIO – a letter had been sent to the Village Centre Committee as agreed at the last meeting, offering for representatives of the Parish Council to meet with representatives of the Village Centre Committee, but no response had been received to date.
82.2 Litter Bins in Play Area – Cllr Partridge advised that he had been to look at the bins to see if he could repair them, but on both occasions the bins were full. He will have another look asap. It had been reported that flowers from the churchyard were again filling up the bins.
82.3 Insurance of village signs – the Clerk confirmed that she had arranged for the signs to be added to the policy and this can be reviewed at the next renewal. There is no facility to increase the premium and reduce the excess.

2019/83 Sports Committee Report
Cllr Partridge reported that he had received £60.00 from Malvern Cricket Club for hire of the facilities. Cllr J Pudge advised that he had received a request to hire the facilities for a game of rounder’s.

2019/84 SID’s
A further search had been carried out at Fromes Hill but the base on the Worcester side had not been found. It is likely that works on the new development will begin soon, and traffic management is part of the package. It was therefore decided to leave this area for now and concentrate on the other possible locations for SID’s.

2019/85 GDPR
The Clerk advised that she had started to look for a new filing cabinet and Cllrs agreed that she could proceed with a purchase when a suitable cabinet had been located.

2019/86 Footpaths Officer Report
The Footpaths Officer was not present.

2019/87 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the Information Sheet and confirmed that the next meeting will be held on Tuesday 9th July at St Matthew’s Church, Fromes Hill.

There being no other business the meeting concluded at 20.10.

Bank Recon 31 May 2019