Minutes 12th June 2018

 Minutes of a meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th June 2018 at St Matthew’s Church, Fromes Hill

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr Guise and Cllr Pudge.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.
Ward Cllr Chowns joined the meeting at agenda item 2018/74.3.
There was one member of the public present.

2018/65 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Ms Sincock, Cllr Hydes, Cllr Parker and Cllr Mrs Roberts.

2018/66 To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in Agenda items 2018/71.2 & 71.3.
Cllr Pudge declared an interest in Agenda item 2018/72.1.
Entries were made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge and Cllr Pudge.

2018/67 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Nash (Chair).

2018/68 Parish Councillor Vacancy
The Clerk confirmed to councillors that only one application for the position had been received, from Sarah Sevastopulo. Sarah was present at the meeting and was asked to speak about herself and state why she would like to become a Parish Councillor. Following this Cllr Pudge proposed that Sarah be Co-opted on to the Council and this was seconded by Cllr Guise.

2018/69 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present, now.

2018/70 Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Pudge confirmed that the Neighbourhood Plan is now all completed and adopted. He wanted to thank everyone who had contributed to putting the plan together.

2018/71 Finance
The Treasurer explained the current financial position of the Council and requested permission to pay the outstanding invoices as listed below.
71.1 P Eaton – Underpayment on litter picking for 2017/2018 – £30.00
71.2 B C Partridge – Diesel – £71.67
71.3 B C Partridge – 14 hours mowing – £112.00
Cllrs confirmed that all the invoices should be paid.

2018/72 Planning
72.1 P181827/A The Hop Pocket, Hop Pocket Village, Bishops Frome, WR6 5BT.
Retention of existing directional signage associated with The Hop Pocket. To include 9 signs in total with 2 at the site entrance and other directional signs in the local area (with 1 A Board).
Cllr Pudge had declared an interest in this item and took no part in this discussion.
Cllr Partridge confirmed that he had spoken to locals and received no significant objections. He therefore recommended that the council support the application. Cllrs agreed. The Clerk was asked to put comments on the planning website confirming support.
72.2 P181714/F 17 Knights Court, Bishops Frome, WR6 5BZ.
Proposed off road parking space and dropped kerb.
Cllrs considered this application and were happy to support it as there is an issue with on street parking in this area. Provision for rain water run- off has been made in the application. The Clerk was asked to put supporting comments on the application.
72.3 P181702/F Land to the South of the Wheatsheaf Inn, Fromes Hill
Application for removal or variation of condition 2 and 17 of Planning Permission 150473 (Proposed residential development of 20 dwellings including 7 affordable houses) to implement a revised drainage strategy.
Cllrs discussed this amendment to application but did not feel qualified to comment on this specialist area.

2018/73 Fromes Hill Report
73.1 Update on Fromes Hill Field – Cllr Pudge and Cllr Partridge confirmed that a meeting had been held between the Field Committee and representatives of the Church. There seems to have been some confusion between the representative solicitors regarding documents so they are to be re-sent. A follow up meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 3rd July 2018.
73.2 Traffic calming – Cllr Nash (Chair) advised that he and Ward Cllr Chowns had met with representatives of Balfour Beatty and the Safer Roads Partnership to discuss the repositioning of the 40mph signs on the Hereford approach to Fromes Hill. All parties felt this would be beneficial. A Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) application is required to move matters forward. Cllr Nash agreed to complete the application form and submit to Balfour Beatty Traffic Management Team.

2018/74 Bishops Frome Report
74.1 Village Centre request to change status – The Clerk advised councillors that she had received an email from the Secretary of Bishops Frome Village Centre explaining that the committee wish to consider a change of charitable status to that of a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and they were looking for support from the Parish Council as custodian trustees. After discussion councillors agreed that this could be considered but the Parish Council need to seek advice on the matter. The Clerk agreed to contact HALC for support.
74.2 Village Gateway – still awaiting full quotation from Balfour Beatty.
74.3 Play Area and surrounding field – Cllr Partridge confirmed that he had ordered some new chains as requested but they had not yet arrived.
The Clerk confirmed that after the last meeting she had asked for the litter bin in the Play Area to be emptied more frequently. Dead flowers from the Churchyard are being placed in the dog bin and the Play Area rubbish bin. Cllr Pudge agreed to look into this matter with representatives from the Church.
The Clerk reported that she had researched the price of dog bins but wasn’t sure which fittings were required. Cllr Partridge agreed to have a look at the fittings required. A budget of £300.00 was given to the Clerk and Cllr Partridge to purchase a new dog bin.
74.4 Road sign for “Burley Gate Road” – The Clerk advised councillors that she had received an enquiry from a member of the public regarding road signage for the “Burley Gate Road” in Bishops Frome. The road does not have a physical name sign. Cllr Partridge agreed to look into what signage is currently in place and report back to the next meeting.

2018/75 Sports Committee Report
A meeting of the Sports Committee has been scheduled for 21st June.

2018/76 Ward Councillor Report
Ward Cllr Chowns explained that she had held very encouraging meetings with regard to road safety in the ward. An email was in the process of being circulated to all councillors with further information. The main issue in this parish was the proposed traffic calming measures at Fromes Hill see 2018/73.2.
She reported that some changes were happening with regard to asking questions of Hereford Council. Now if you put a question to Council, you will receive a written response before the meeting is held, enabling you to ask further, more detailed questions at the meeting.
More information about councillors who breach the Code of Conduct will be placed in the public domain but only after all appeal processes have been exhausted.
Cllr Chowns is now on the Audit & Governance Scrutiny Committee.
Cllr Chowns reported that she had been approached by a member of the public about the lack of street lighting at Fromes Hill. Cllrs reported that this had been looked in to previously and it had proved to be very expensive and many residents consulted, did not want more street lighting as there was an issue with the light coming in to their homes. Cllr Chowns agreed to pass the details to Cllr Nash who would contact the member of the public to discuss the issue.

2018/77 GDPR
The Clerk confirmed that the GDPR policies were now on the website and the process of reviewing records is ongoing.
The issue of locks for council filing cabinets was raised again. Cllr Nash had been unable to locate the information regarding locksmiths online. Cllr Partridge agreed to look at the locks to see what was required to replace them.

2018/78 To discuss adoption of latest revision of:
Standing Orders – carried forward to next meeting as still awaiting clarification of requirements relating to a Data Protection Officer.

2018/79 Footpaths Officer Report
The footpaths officer was not present.

2018/80 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the information sheet and confirmed that the next meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th July. There being no other business, the meeting concluded at 20:46.