Minutes 14th November 2017

Minutes of a meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th November 2017 at Bishops Frome Village Centre

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr Guise, Cllr Ms Sincock and Cllr Pudge.

2017/135 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Mrs Roberts and Cllr Hydes.
Apologies had also been received from Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer.
Cllr Parker and Cllr Marshall were not present.

2017/136 To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in Agenda items 2017/140.2 & 140.3. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge.

2017/137 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Nash (Chair).

2017/138 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.

2017/139 Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Pudge advised councillors that the confidential draft examiner’s report had been received and was being considered by the Neighbourhood Plan Committee.

2017/140 Finance
140.1 Assertion 4 – The Clerk read the details of the Assertion from the Annual Governance statement. She confirmed that the Council is meeting the criteria by displaying notices on the noticeboards and the website advising when the accounts are available for inspection by the public. Also the public are welcome to parish council meetings where accounts are discussed and where they have the opportunity to inspect and ask questions about the Council’s accounts. Cllrs agreed that we comply with this assertion.
The Clerk then issued copies of the council’s accounts to all councillors present.
There were several invoices outstanding and councillor’s agreed they should all be paid.
140.2 B C Partridge – Mower repair parts – £641.28
140.3 B C Partridge – Diesel – £41.67
140.4 P Eaton – Litter picking – £129.60

2017/141 Planning
59.1 P171270/F Caravan known as Lady Lute – the Clerk advised Cllrs that Hereford Council planning department were still awaiting details of the land from the agent.
The Clerk reported that a new planning application has been received for the erection of an agricultural building at Oldlands Farm, Fromes Hill and Cllr Nash said that he would take a look at it.

2017/142 Fromes Hill Report
142.1 Fromes Hill Field – Cllr Pudge advised that Masefields solicitors have prepared the draft documents for the transfer and these are being reviewed by the Fromes Hill Field Management Committee.
142.2 Traffic calming – Cllr Nash confirmed that he had met with Ian Connelly of West Mercia police to discuss the speeding traffic on Fromes Hill with particular reference to the turn to Bosbury. He agreed this is likely to get worse with the new improved road surface increasing the speed of traffic and suggested that the Parish Council write to Balfour Beatty to request that the 40mph speed signs be moved further out of the village. Cllr Nash said that he would draft a letter to this effect.

There followed a discussion about the recent road works on the hill and there was concern that some damage had been caused to the pavement and also large volumes of soil/rubbish had been deposited on the verge over the daffodils. The Clerk agreed to contact Cathy Berkeley to see who was responsible for making good the damage.

2017/143 Bishops Frome Report
143.1 Village Gateway – The Clerk advised that she had approached Hereford Council regarding obtaining village signs welcoming careful drivers and they confirmed this could be considered as a traffic calming measure for s.106 purposes. She had therefore asked Balfour Beatty for some costings but had not yet had a reply.
143.2 Sandbags – the Clerk advised that she had contacted Balfour Beatty regarding the supply of sandbags and been told that they no longer supply them. Cllr Pudge confirmed that we still have some stock from last year which should be sufficient for the coming winter.
143.3 Welsh Water – The Clerk updated councillors on the latest Notice of Entry requests and they agreed that works should be allowed to proceed as soon as possible.

Cllr Partridge commented that the hedge between Farm Court and the Play Area had become untidy. Cllrs agreed it was in need of a trim. Cllr Pudge agreed to look at the plans to see who owned the hedge before any maintenance is carried out.
Cllr Guise confirmed that after much battling with the Post Office, a new router had been installed for our outreach service and a new top box will be provided by the end of the year. This will greatly improve the reliability of the service. Councillors thanked Cllr Guise for his efforts in obtaining this favourable conclusion.
Cllr Guise advised councillors that some children had set fire to hay bales destroying around a dozen. Luckily the Fire Brigade damped down the nearby barn saving over 200 further bales. A young girl was caught and is now working at the farm to repay her debt to the farmer. He remarked that children often gather around the barns after football and suggested that someone from the Sports Committee speak to Bromyard Football Club to discourage this behaviour.
Cllr Guise also explained that the signs he had put up to discourage dog fouling in public spaces had worn off and he would put up some more. He asked if we could contact Hereford Council to see what support they could offer to this increasing problem. The Clerk agreed to contact the relevant department.

2017/144 Sports Committee Report
144.1 Paving slabs around Sports Pavilion – Cllr Partridge reported that the slabs around the Sports Pavilion are breaking up, probably due to vans driving and parking on them. It was suggested that the slabs could be replaced using the slabs recovered from the Village Centre. After discussion it was agreed that the best solution would be to tarmac the area because if vehicles continue to park there, the slabs will get broken again. This matter was referred to the Sports Committee to investigate.
Originally it was suggested that slabs from the Village Centre be used to make a path around the play area fence and councillors agreed this would be a good idea. Cllr Partridge agreed to measure up to see if we had sufficient slabs available.

2017/145 Footpaths Officer Report
Cllr Ms Sincock reported that a complaint had been received regarding footpath BPF17 being overgrown and unmarked. She was going to contact the landowner and report back to Cathy Berkeley.

2017/146 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the information sheet.
After a brief discussion, councillors agreed the next meeting should be in January and the date was set as Tuesday 9th January 2018.

There being no other business, the meeting concluded at 20.40.