Minutes 20th September 2016

 Minutes of Bishops Frome Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 20th September 2016

Cllr Partridge (Chair), Cllr Pudge, Cllr Parker, Cllr Hydes, Cllr Marshall, Cllr Guise and Cllr Ms Sincock.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.

2016/105 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Nash and Cllr Mrs Roberts.

2016/106 To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in agenda item 110.5 as owner of the garage to which the invoice was to be paid. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge.
Cllr Parker declared an interest in agenda item 111.1 planning application made by his parents. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Parker.

2016/107 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Partridge (Chair).

2016/108 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.

2016/109 Neighbourhood Plan
109.1 Update following council comments on Reg 14 submission
Cllr Pudge confirmed that a meeting was held of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee to discuss the comments received from Herefordsire Council and a new draft plan is in progress. The Parish Boundary lines are being updated in accordance with Herefordshire Council’s instructions. The new draft plan should be ready for consideration at the next Parish Council meeting.

2016/110 Finance
Mr Brooman distributed copies of the council’s accounts and explained the current position. He listed outstanding invoices for payment and councillors agreed payments should be made as follows:

110.1 P Eaton – litter picking -£129.60
110.2 Clerks salary as per contract plus 11.5 hours as agreed 2016/82
110.3 Treasurers Honorarium as per agreement
110.5 B C Partridge – diesel- £25.00
Payment for item 2016/110.4 Came & Co was agreed with the proviso that the amount may increase following outcome of discussions on item 2016/112.1.

2016/111 Planning
97.1 P161975/F The Knapp, Bishops Frome, WR6 5AU
The Clerk advised councillors that this application had now been approved by Hereford Council.
111.1 P162546/F The Olde Shop, Bishops Frome, Worcestershire
Variation of condition 2 of Ref 143683/F – erection of 2 dwellings with garages.
Amend access and include plan for garage.
Cllr Pudge confirmed that he had spoken to neighbours and received no objections to this application amendment. Cllrs present had no objections to this application.

2016/112 Insurance
112.1 Renewal due – review cover to include new Play Equipment and Defibrillator.
The Clerk advised councillors that she had spoken to Came & Co regarding the renewal and obtained an approximate quotation for increasing cover for play equipment by £8500.00.
The existing cover as a whole was reviewed and found to be up to date but councillors felt that cover for play equipment should be increased to £35000.00 in total and asked the Clerk to arrange this and confirmed that premium payment should then be made.
Came & Co have confirmed that the Defibrillator at the Village Hall is covered automatically and does not need to be listed separately.

2016/113 Website
The Clerk confirmed the website was gradually progressing and she had set up a Noticeboard page.

2016/114 Fromes Hill Report
Cllr Pudge advised that works were progressing in the Fromes Hill Field. The hedge requires trimming and it was agreed that this should be arranged while the field is empty.
The Clerk advised councillors that she had received an email from a member of the public complaining about the size of the speed camera signs at Fromes Hill and urging the Parish Council to put pressure on the highways department to display larger signs. He has already contacted them to raise the issue directly following receipt of a speeding summons. Cllrs considered his comments and the statement from West Mercia Police and concluded that the speed limit signs showing 40mph were clear and this was the main focus in ensuring traffic slowed down through the village. Cllrs asked the Clerk to reply saying they were happy with the signs.

2016/115 Bishops Frome Report
115.1 Update on Play Area – the new play equipment is currently being installed and the playground should be reopened by the weekend. Cllrs wanted to thank the volunteers who had been helping to clear the old tiles and slabs away and prepare the area for the new safety surfacing. It was agreed to put a thank you notice in the Valley News.
It is intended that the slabs and sand removed from the play area be used to make formal paths at either side of the play area where dog walkers access the old cricket pitch. Cllr Partridge agreed to obtain quotes for this work to be carried out.
Cllr Partridge advised councillors that he had received two complaints regarding litter and the overflowing litter bin in the play area. He also stated that since the bins in the churchyard had been removed, church waste such as dead flowers were being placed in the bin in the play area. A discussion about litter and village tidiness followed and Cllr Partridge agreed to speak to Miss Eaton and explain the council’s expectations of her duties. Cllr Pudge agreed to investigate the church rubbish situation with the PCC.
The issue of dog waste was also raised. It was reported that dog walkers were again throwing bags containing dog waste into trees and bushes rather than putting them in the dog bins provided. The Clerk was asked to place a notice in the Valley News and on the noticeboard asking this practice to cease.
It was also reported that garden rubbish and grass cuttings were being dumped in public areas ie. on the grass area outside the play area and on the grass area at Mudwalls. Again it was agreed to post a notice in the Valley News.
Cllr Guise advised that he had been approached by neighbours asking him to bring to the attention of the Council the shooting of rabbits in the field next to the Sports field.

2016/116 Sports Committee Report
Cllr Pudge advised that he had contacted Herefordshire Council regarding the mole problem on the Sports Field. He confirmed that they would be willing to come out and the minimum charge would be £120.00. Cllrs felt this may be able to be done by a local pest control expert and Cllr Partridge agreed to obtain another estimate.

2016/117 Footpaths Officer Report
Nothing to report this month.

2016/118 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting
The Clerk drew attention to the items on the information sheet and confirmed date of next meeting is Tuesday 18th October 2016.

There being no other business, the meeting concluded at 20.25.