Minutes 9th July 2019

 Minutes of a meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th July 2019 at St Matthew’s Church, Fromes Hill.

Present: Cllr Nash (Chair), Cllr Partridge, Cllr Ms Sincock, Cllr J Pudge, and Cllr W Pudge.
Mr Brooman, the Council’s Treasurer was also present.

2019/88 To receive apologies for absence
Apologies had been received from Cllr Hydes, Cllr M Pudge, Cllr Parker and Ward Cllr Chowns.

2019/89 To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation
Cllr Partridge declared an interest in Agenda items 2019/93.1, 2019/93.2, 2019/93.3 and 2019/94.1. An entry was made in the register and signed by Cllr Partridge.

2019/90 To adopt the minutes of the previous meeting
A copy of the draft minutes had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. They were accepted as a true record and signed by Cllr Nash (Chair).

2019/91 Public Participation
There were no members of the public present.

2019/92 Councillor Vacancy
Notices have been received from the Elections Office and we now have to wait until after Wednesday 17th July when they will advise us whether or not an election has been called. If no election is called, they will authorise the Parish Council to Co-opt a new councillor.

2019/93 Finance – Bank Reconciliation – A copy of the Bank Reconciliation had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The Bank Reconciliation was reviewed and signed by the Chairman and RFO to confirm the current balance held by the Parish Council is £25291.53.
Cllr W Pudge, an independent councillor who is a non-cheque signatory, signed the bank statement to confirm that the balance agreed to the Council’s accounting statement.

There were several invoices outstanding which the Treasurer requested permission to pay:-
93.1 B C Partridge – Mower parts and repairs – £109.76
93.2 B C Partridge – Mowing – £32.00
93.3 B C Partridge – Diesel – £70.85
93.4 Sunderlands – Sports Field rent – £350.00
Cllrs agreed that all outstanding invoices should be paid.

2019/94 Planning
There was one new planning application.
94.1 P192223/F The Garage, Bishops Frome
Proposed single dwelling house and detached garage.
Cllr Pudge visited this site. He spoke with the occupants of three neighbouring properties who were happy with the application. Those neighbours who were not at home, he left a note through the doors and so far no-one has come back to him with any issues. Cllrs agreed that they should support the application, even though it is outside the settlement boundary in accordance with our Neighbourhood Development Plan (see below). They agreed to wait until the end of the week before submitting comments in case any of the neighbours who were left notes got in touch.

Cllr Pudge advised the Council that the above application at The Garage, Bishops Frome and the one at Yew Tree Farm, Fromes Hill, fall outside the settlement boundary of our Neighbourhood Plan. Both applications are for small developments and both applications are supported by the Parish Council. Cllrs believe that in both instances the reason for their being outside the boundary is due to drafting errors as the maps provided for use were out of date.
After 2 years, we are able to review our Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP).
It was therefore agreed that a review be completed after 2 years and that part of that review will be that both these 2 drafting errors are included. It was also agreed that new maps should be obtained to see if there are any other anomalies needing consideration.

2019/95 Ward Councillor Report
Ward Cllr Chowns was unable to attend this evenings meeting but had sent a report by email which was circulated to Cllrs prior to the meeting.

2019/96 Fromes Hill Report
96.1 Update on Fromes Hill Field – Cllr Partridge advised that a letter had been received from the solicitors regarding the charges for them to read the documents on behalf of the transferors.
An email has been sent by the Chairman of Fromes Hill Village Hall Trust to our solicitors requesting an update and copies of outstanding documents.

2019/97 Bishops Frome Report
97.1 Update on Village Centre request to transfer to CIO – no contact has been made by the representatives of the Village Centre following the PC’s letter emailed on 20th May 2019.
97.2 Litter Bins in Play Area – Cllr Partridge has removed one of the bins to see if it can be repaired.

2019/98 Sports Committee Report
Nothing to report.

2019/99 Allowances Schemes for Parish of Town Councillors
A letter had been received from Hereford Council detailing the allowances scheme for councillors and asking if Bishops Frome Parish Council intended to introduce the scheme. Cllrs discussed the scheme and agreed that they would not be introducing it.

2019/100 SID’s
Cllrs are continuing to look for the bases.
Cllr Chowns has organised a meeting regarding the Community Speed Watch Scheme at Bishops Frome Village Centre on Friday 19th July at 6pm.

2019/101 GDPR
101.1 Filing cabinet – the Clerk advised that she had been to look at a second hand filing cabinet but it was too small. She has seen a new one but it will cost nearly £200.00. Cllrs agreed that she could purchase a new one.

2019/102 Footpaths Officer Report
Nothing to report.

2019/103 To note the information sheet and date of next meeting

The Clerk drew attention to the information sheet.

Cllrs agreed that the next meeting would be on Tuesday 10th September at Bishops Frome Village Centre.

There being no other business, the meeting concluded at 20:45.

 

BFPC Recon 30 June 2019